God Smiled

I am inspired by the Dell Support guys...My Dell Inspiron Mini had broke some days before and it was not booting up. While booting, it stops with continuous beeps. I logged a support case with Dell, and since it is under warranty, all the proceeding of the support went well...They replaced the Keyboard of the Mini, and it's working fine now and this blog is written with the same keyboard tucked in today into my Mini Netbook...

Usually I go to office with my room mate, but sometimes, like mostly on Monday mornings or on days when my roomy goes out of town, I will go by the public transport in Trivandrum. So during one of this travel, I was standing in the bus stand of the IT Hub in Trivandrum, when an harsh voice from behind came into my ears, "Saare valathum tharane...randu divasam aayi enthengilum kazhichittu"... I turned around, and saw a woman, probably in her late 30s, with an unusually malnutritioned kid in her hips. I could count the number of bones protruding out of the kids face and neck. His mother (I presume) is also in the same condition...She has clothes just to cover her essentials. The kid was crying in his full throttle, and the woman touched my shirt sleeve and asked to give her something for food...I was enraged, how dare she touched me!!! That unhygenic creep from drain... I looked at her in disgust and moved aside as if I had not seen her and was looking at my own business...

She went to other people standing there at the bus stop...Some people did the same which I had done; and some blown harsh words to her to repel her away from them. Seemed like it was a bad day for her and no one from the crowd had given her a single penny that time. She quietly had gone to the back of the Bus Stop, where there was a dirty cloth lying with a small bundle of things aside. The child by now was furious and nothing seemed to be consoling him. She tried thrusting the motherly 'baby feed' into his mouth, but where do a nomad gets water in the mirage of the desert? I watched the lady's face carefully...Her eyes has suddenly changed from piteousness to sorrowfulness. Tiny drops of tear starts coming from her eyes, rolling down her blackened eyes and dirty cheeks. She tried consoling the child by thrusting a bottle with water , I suppose, to the child's mouth. The child, for some time suddenly stopped crying and the woman's face seemed clearer than before now. 

But as soon as the child knew that he had been cheated, he started again. The lady tried her luck again, and placing the crying child on the dirty cloth, went again to beg to the people standing at the Bus stop. And as it seemed that it was not her day, she didn't got any thing from anyone. She came back again to her child, tried consoling it, and now her sorrowness was more bitter than before...

Had it not that my Bus came, I would have never done what I had done. I pulled out some money from my secret pocket (didn't see how much), and quickly gave it to the lady and darted towards the bus. I got a seat on the same side where the lady is, and I could see a calm face looking towards me with a smile...

In the evening, I had gone to the local temple. I looked at the idol of the god sitting at the Sanctorum, while the priest of the temple was offering the rituals...And I could see the same smile on his face, which I had seen on the lady beggar's face in the morning...Literally!!! God smiled at me...

Comments

  1. good one..God smiles at us in unexpected ways,times and places..:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Annayum Rasoolum...

Handling the Mundd (Dhoti)

The Haka...