City of Istanbul

Writing after so long...Need to follow up on this writing every week. Time is a constraint for me now, but you have to snatch the time from time dude!!!

Something special happening with me? Yeah, been to Istanbul (Turkey) for a month... The place is awesome, but all the awesomeness went in vain due to the burden of work. Out of the 4 weeks I was there, I was able to roam around the Old city of Istanbul only once. But anyways, as is always the case, every bad experience follows up with a good one, and I too have the same experience. Got many new friends from the other parts of the Country (Pune, Hyderabad, Chennai and Chandigarh!!!) Hopefully we will meet up some times while in India... :-)

Istanbul is called the Cultural Capital of Europe, and truly so...One thing which amused me there is the Bosphorus bridge, which cuts through the center of the City. One half of the city is in Asia and the other half is in Europe. Before reaching the city, I thought that it would be like all the other Islamic countries of the Middle East...But I was proved totally wrong! They have more of an European Culture than the Islamic one... So every where you go, you could see women smoking and taking sips from a Vodka cocktail, public display of affection, much like in any of the European countries. People there are friendly, opposite to the popular beliefs; And it seemed like we Indians (Industanis' as we are called there. Pakistanis are called Pakis) are famous there because of Sharukh khan and Aishwarya Rai... :-) Wherever you go, in any of the local vendors or the Super markets, we are recognised with the Bollywood symbols...

And it seems odd now to me to travel through KSRTC buses to office, since all the 30 days I was there, I would be traveling in Local Taxis from Office to Hotel and vice versa. It became a general routine for me, and it looks to odd to me ow when I am travelling through KSRTC buses to office... :-)

And in the first time in my life, have seen snow falling. it looked and feel awesome when snow flakes fall into your hair and body. Have taken pictures in the snow, which you can view if you are a friend of mine ion facebook.

While returning, there was a 20 hours stoppage for me at the Dubai Airport...And i am more than happy for that. Had met my sister, who is settled there now and did some shopping from the Dubai mall...Electronic Items are, as the popular belief goes, really cheap there (Example: 3 TB WD external HDD costs around 300 DHS, that is 3600 Indian Rupees. Amazing!!!) and I should plan for a visit to Dubai again soon!!! :-)

 Okies...that's a small update on happening things at my side for the past one month. Will update the entries soon with new Items.... ;-) Chao and see you all later.


Comments

  1. Good to read ur blog after long time moreover i got to know abt Istanbul as well. Dubai is always awesome with such offers plz bring one EHDD for me as well :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Annayum Rasoolum...

Handling the Mundd (Dhoti)

The Haka...