The Stolen and the Gotten Ordeal

So guys, how are you all doing? Hope everyone is good and in their pink of their health… :-)

I hadn't updated my blog for nearly 7 months...Wow! Now that's a lot of time. It's not because I didn't have the creative juices flowing, but because so many things happened in my life in those 7 months, that I couldn't make out the difference between being busy or being free... :-)

Let me start (or rather restart) the blog with a Bangalore experience...I lost my reindeer of the snow!!! I lost my Raavan's Pushpaka Vimana!!! Some Mareech had stolen it...Ok Ok, I wanted to say that some one had stolen my bike from my residence. The instant question you might have is didn't I locked it? Of course, I had locked it! But the crooks are lot more sophisticated these days, you know? The place where I usually parked my bike is closed from one end, and the other end is a small passage from where a small bike can narrowly pass through. Still the felons had taken it from there...

I woke up in the morning, got ready for office, came down from my room....Only to see that something is missing from the place...With the keys of the bike in my hand, I thought of what is amiss from the usual place? Then I realized that my bike is not there where I usually used to park it...I stood there for some seconds, thought of the day before if I had really came in bike from office and then realized that I did came from office with my bike. After gaining the senses, with the Helmet on my head, I had gone to the landlord to check if he had seen the bike parked there...He told that he hadn't observed it there (Well, what else did I was expecting he should answer?) He told me to go to the Mico layout Police station and lodge a complaint. I phoned my room mate (Yes! Another one had come..His story later!) and one of my close friend , of course for advises...These advises come in handy, Isn't?

Well, the next part of the story began at the Police station...Oh Life! You had shown me the path to a police station also now. I had been never to a Police station before, excpet once, that too from the outside of the Police station premises when my bike got towed away from a No-Parking zone. So I entered the station and there I found the SHO, Mr BG sitting in a chair, chewing a red-betel leaf...I told him that some one had stolen my bike from my residence...He looked at me, as if I had disturbed him from some deep meditation and asked where my residence is. I told it in the 16th Main... (What else should I say?) He asked me irritated, (read it in Kannada style!) "Which placeu, Which locationu, which house numberu, which crossu?" I told him the address, and he pulled out a White sheet from a pile of papers and asked, gesturing to the white sheet "You write From addressu, To addressu, Subjectu stolen my biku, your compalintu with the gaadi registration numberu, and your contact numberu here..and give it to me...". I wrote the complaint as he saidu (I mean said), and he told to come in the evening to collect the FIR copy of the complaint.

In the evening the same day, I went to the Police station again to collect the FIR report. One cop accompanied me to home (rather I accompanied him on his bike...It's nice to have a ride as a pillion on a cop's bike... :-)) to see the "Spot of Incidence". He asked for some "chai-paani" (understood?) for this, which I had to give and later I got my FIR copy. I submitted all the documents to my Insurance agent, along with the RC book and original keys...Let's see what happens to this. I have to go again to Police station for the No-trace report of the vehicle, within 90 days of the FIR complaint, only after which the Insurance company will disburse the Insured amount.

While all this is happening, I tried moving out of my the-then current company (Hewlett Packard). I got in Infy Mysore, which I later asked the HR to change the location to Trivandrum. I was all set to go to Trivandrum (I had a send-off party too from some of the HP colleagues), when I finally got an offer from Accenture (Yes! again). I decide to join back Accenture and it's been around 2 weeks now since I have joined. Except a few lazy beings, or people who are already in some onsite positions, all other guys from my previous project and Greenfield training had left Accenture. But for me, the good thing is I gotta see so many "Tarunimanikal" at Accenture ;-) It's a real green pasture for eyes...:-)

Its been very hard to get into Accenture because of their sloppy HR processes (The story behind this later!). But I am the one lucky guy who got the offer from them after a long struggle. I think the other guys still didn't got any call from them, even after 3 months of their selection process. The HR guys made a mistake of keeping me waiting for long (saying I am a rehire!)...Thanks to the Vice President, HR who intervened and made the process faster for me. I don't know what have happened to the other poor guys who got selected after a whole Saturday's ordeal of selection processes three months' back...

Well, these are not the only things happened during the 7 months. Will update the blog of what's happened, is happening and will be happening with me on the coming days.... Chao for now! Feeling sleepy...

Comments

  1. police station is a nice place, we both went there around 2 years back when they picked up your bike :)
    Moral of the story "Things keep disturbing you"

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Anurag: Police station is a Nice place indeed... Chalna hai kya?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Annayum Rasoolum...

Handling the Mundd (Dhoti)

The Haka...