Radiators and Drains

How true is this fact - There are two types of people: Radiators and Drains. I remember reading it somewhere and experiencing it now and then...

Radiators are people who fill you up with Energy...You feel happy when you are with them, you feel happy when you see them. You feel good talking to them. They leave you feeling good about yourself and whenever you try thinking about them, you look forward like meeting them next. They are fun to be with, full of life and always positive. Ofcourse they need not be your close friends. Like an example, In my work place, there used to sit a lady some 2/3 cubicles away. She always started her telephonic conversations regarding her work to, I suppose, her superior, in an easy tone, always giggling in between and loud. Whenever I heard that voice, I felt a new energy has been supplemented in me. I have never seen or met this lady, but still her voice made me feel good. She had, I think, moved on to a new cubicle and I still miss her morning conversations.

As another example, is a senior colleague of mine, who joins us in every Morning Coffee/Tea time and Lunch. Whenever we (me and my another colleague) finish interacting with him, we feel happy, positive and recharged. And whenever he is absent, we feel like some void has been with us...

Drains are  people who let you feel down. They may not say or do any thing unpleasent but interacting with them makes you totally drained out of your energy. Drains may have spoken to you very politely and pleasently, but after interacting with them, you feel like your enthusiasm dipping and you are utterly dissatisfied. Drains are not necessarrily people you hate. They may be your relative, your friends or someone who leaves you feeling inadequate in a way that can't be explained. Drains may be helping you, with out knowing or realizing that it is more of harming you than helping.

So what do you think you were for your relatives, friends or colleagues today?  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Annayum Rasoolum...

Handling the Mundd (Dhoti)

The Haka...