Hamara zamaana hai Yeeeeeahhhhh.....

Hero Puch @ Raindrophumm Raindrops
Have you ever seen this moped/bike before? Well....It's the Hero Motors "Hero Puch Shakti"... The bike I started my ride with...

Incidentally, I have never seen or seldom seen Hero Puch mopeds running in South Indian roads..I don't know the reason why... In Northern India, it's still being used and people still prefer it with Luna/Scooty and the like...

It was the year 1997, my college days just about to start after my 12th, and I started pestering my father for buying the moped for me...Finally after some days of "Niraahara Satyagraha" and "No-Talk" days with him, I got the brand new Hero-Puch Shakti 3G... What a heck of a mileage had that small piece of engine...It gave around 70 KM per liter of petrol most of the times, so cheap and very economical...

I still remember, when I used to drop my sis in the moped to her school during the chilled Winter mornings of December/January in Jaipur, packed from top to bottom with sweaters, mufflers and heck knows what... We used to touch the silencer of the moped (It would be very hot after the engine worked for some time) to relieve the cold from hands... And the little fights we had, when she calls it a "Luna" instead of "Puch"... :-D (I used to say it's a Puch, very "different" from Luna...)

Remembering all those days just like it happened a day before now...The rides to my college, CIStems and my MCA classes...Pushing it when the petrol ends out of the fuel tank during the end of the week, and when my pocket money finishes up; pestering my mom for extra pocket money (Which usually ended up as a book in my room!!! ;-) Yeah I read books a lot, even at those times...)

Finally it got sold out to some one when I was about to finish up my MCA studies... You know, when you attach yourself to some thing, even if it is a non-living one, the separation would be very painful...I knew it is of no use, once I go out of Jaipur...My father didn't ride it (It never kick started when he wanted it to ride!!!) and my sister didn't liked it...Yet I felt a piercing pain when we were about to sell that... After all it was my first bike I could say was mine...

And remembering all those moments is because of this damn advertisement I had seen accidentally in YouTube just now: --


Yeah, SRK! Looking a Joker, Isn't? So you now know what's the blog title refers to, ehh?

Comments

  1. Thats cool writing man.
    Good to know another side of you.
    Nice nostagic..
    Keep writing.
    These old memories are really joyous.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Annayum Rasoolum...

Handling the Mundd (Dhoti)

The Haka...