Me, Friend and Accident...

Hmmm...writing after quite a few days now....Was totally occupied in home and office work and fatigued at the end of the day;

As expected, Slumdog did a clean sweep....8 out of 10 Oscar Nominations. Great going guys...And at last, India got the pivoted Oscar, not one, not two but four...Rahman, Pookutty and 'Smile Pinki' made us proud....

The month of Feb ended; the past month was one of the worst month of my life. Anyways, looking forward for good days in these days of Economy slump. :-)

Two of my old pals came to meet me yesterday, and one of them touched up a story which I dug out from my brain disk..So this was some 2.5 years back...My friend (not those of them which I mentioned just now) came one day with a news that we had to go urgently to Mysore...The way he talked was so grave, I thought some one from his relative was in trouble. I took up my travel bag and bike and we straight went to Bangalore Central Railway station. Then he opened his Pandora's Box secret that he was going to see a girl for his marriage!!! I laughed (or rather roared!) in the railway station like mad; I could read in his face, what he was thinking about me at that time.. :-)

Anyways, we reached Mysore...And the girl was waiting for him at the station (So sweet of her!!!) She was (or rather, is still) working in Infosys and was there for a training. We went first to the Infy campus at Mysore; I should say the campus was mind blowing. A vast campus you can't see in entirety even if you walk for 4 days in a row...She took us to the Infy canteen; we had some food and then roamed around the campus. Finally, I detached myself for a while as a "kabab mein haddi" from them. I was seated alone in the park bench of Infy campus, and the watchman there came around 4/5 times to ask, "Sir, are you an Infy Employee? Where is your tag? Where is the Employee who took me in? " Anyways, after 1 hour or so, they both came and I got my breath back...Otherwise I was in the verge to be thrown out of the campus... :-)

The Girl seemed OK to me; she was neither a "pataka" nor a "sweet and simple" girl. We all went together for some shopping; I had purchased one idol of Krishna made in sandal wood...My friend had, if I have not forgotten, purchased some goodies and presented it to the girl itself then and there...Hmmm...how romantic!!!

On the same day, we returned back. We took my bike from the Bangalore Railway station, where we had kept it under token for 1 day. While coming back, I said I didn't want to put up the Helmet (as Helmet was not compulsory at those times!). My friend insisted on me putting it (usually what happens was I drove my bike without an helmet, and my friend as a pillion used to wear that!) OK, I put on the helmet and we had hardly gone 2 KM from the Railway station, while negotiating a curve and a slope, an auto wallah took a sudden turn and we hit the auto from behind. The hit was so enormous that my friend instantly got thrown away, and I hit the tarred road with a point blank face....And there you find the usefulness of Helmet...If I hadn't worn the helmet ,I would have an artificial dentures for sure at this time of writing...Anyways, I stood up in the middle of the road, only to find that I was about to be bang'd by a BMTC bus coming just behind...Luckily that guy slowed down as I think he had seen me pulling up my bike from the road. I sat down at the side pavement and noticed that I was bleeding from my legs (I don't know, whenever I had accidents, I was hurt in places you could never imagine of...This time the bleeding was from the upper part of my toe...God knows how it got in there!!! Either you should have broken your toe or should have twisted it badly,, but none of these happened in my case) Suddenly I heard shouting and abusing, and I realized that my friend was fighting verbally with the Auto wallahs. They were saying to put up money for the damage or they would get us into the police station. One of the "hero" from the Auto wallahs group (yeah, they gathered as if their relative had been hit!) was about to grasp in my friends collar, when I came in between...Some arguments ensued on the damages, and finally I took up my purse, which contained some 100 bucks (that's it!!! you will never find more than 100 bucks in my purse. The rest of them would be in my in-pockets!!! ;-) ) , and my friend's 50 bucks. I gave it to them, saying we were students (that's the only escape words I said there!) and we have only these much money. Don't know, they got believed my "piteous" face and let us go...

So, there ends the adventure....I still have the crack on my Helmet of that accident. After reaching home, our other friends on seeing our condition, asked if we were roughened up by the girl's relatives!!! :-) Not withstanding for any risks, at 11:30 PM of the night, we went to had the injection for tetanus. There again luck ran out as there was only one injection left with them. My friend told me to take the injection as I was bleeding more (He took the injection the next day), and at last we came back home with the day to remember for my life.

Oh yeah, about the girl, and the reason for digging out this from memory...My friend said "No" to the girl for marriage (Don't know why? It's a matter of personal preference you know!). And yesterday one of my other pal came to ask me about the same girl and to accompany him to see that girl.... :-) She is still unmarried !!! This time it seems that she is in Bangalore now...No, Not again !!!

Comments

  1. ooh ho...accidents are bad ....great to know that you are ok.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Annayum Rasoolum...

Handling the Mundd (Dhoti)

The Haka...