My Roomies and me...

Gotta chance to see The Terrorist [1999] after 10 years of its release. Oh man...How could I miss such a wonderful movie for 10 years? The Direction and Cinematography by Santosh Sivan was awesome...Ayesha Dharkar (of 'Bend it like Beckham' fame) as Malli was superb in her role. Some of the scenes in the movies was just Heart-warming and will remain with you for long, such as the scenes of Malli with her lover, and scenes where she clasps her stomach after knowing that she is pregnant...The story resembles the assassination of Rajiv Gandhi by Tamil militants. Classic movie and a must watch if some one missed this...

So life was moving ahead smoothly, without any turbulence, and suddenly from no where I got a severe constipation which road-blocked my smooth passes ;-) may be because of the chicken I ate during the last 2 weeks...compounded by the hot Bangalore weather. I had problems with constipation before but this time it seems to be severe...I am in a "banana diet" now...Morning, afternoons and evenings are all bananas....Well, let's see what happens...

My roomy was away to his friend's home for two days, so was all alone this weekend. I was remembering all those chaps who were my roomies for this long 4.5 years...When I shifted to this room, the room was already occupied by two people, and I was the third one to come...There were only 2 beds there, and I had to sleep in the floor with my bed spread there...Well, the room was good and you won't still find such a room in the whole BTM area unless you shell out some good money to the landlords. The first guy was from Jaipur (remember, he helped me in getting my first job!), a thin fair guy with the typical Jaipuria ascent (Every sentence from his mouth would have a B****h or a m****h; if you know what I mean!) and a hardcore business man. Later when we got a TV for the room, his favorite channels were CNBC Business and some other Business channels. The good thing was, after seeing all this I got some knowledge about Share trading and stuffs... :-) The other guy was a typical Punjabi, frustrated from top to bottom as he was there for quite some time with out a job. And as lucky I am with god's grace, I got my job in Accenture and he still was without a job. Anyways, after some more days, he got a job in a small firm In MG Road; He quit that company for some reasons, and after few days he also got through in Accenture (after some 5/6 attempts I suppose!;Interestingly I had been called up by this company for an interview before I got the call from Accenture. I don't know, i didn't had the heart to go to the Interview; Thank god, I skipped that...).

The second guy later shifted to another place with his friends, and he at present is in Gurgaon now. Meanwhile, the first guy was with me and he got employed in Honeywell. He was a frequent Job Hopper, and I think to this day he had been into at least 5 companies as far as I know. Oh yeah, this guy was in love with a girl also from Jaipur (she was her class mate). He didn't told me, but I could make it out from their eyes (Well, experience counts you know!) My doubt confirmed when one day I was returning halfway from somewhere, and from the curtain of the room, I see two outlines standing and huddling towards each other, with their lips touching(OK OK...not romanticizing here...I am not Shakespeare...In simple words...they were kissing!) I rung the door bell, and there was a tussle bustle inside, and our hero opened the door, and with an exultation, said "Hi!" to me...as if he was meeting me after so long...I looked at him, and obviously he was nervous...The girl, who usually says at least "Hi Vipin!" to me, didn't said a word, and was sitting on the side of the bed with her heads down... I thought at first, why I had been there as "Kabab mein Haddi", but then it was some matter necessary which I couldn't go without.

This guy after some time also vacated the room and went to Hyderabad for yet another job. And as the latest news, he is in Bangalore, but I haven't met him yet.

Then there was a long gap and I stayed alone in my room for long. There came the third person...A Tamilian and a "just US returned". An over smart guy, working for Infosys. He really thought that he was more smarter than me... ;-) I don't know, it's my face may be on which people go, they think that they are smarter than me...:-) It's a myth dear, it's a myth...Whoever thinks so, had fallen their face down. I am not boasting about my self, but it is the truth...So this guy at first showed some over smartness, and by the time he was vacating the room, he was all normal... :-)

The fourth guy, a paavam (bhola bhaala) Bengali babu... He was studying in IIT Kharagpur and had came down to Bangalore for an Internship in some company. He was quite a nice guy. I still remember, he had given my mobile number to his parents and relatives (as his mobile was in roaming) and every day (even on weekends!) he will get some 2/3 calls daily in the early morning hours...I didn't complained; I know how it feels when you are away and you talk to your parents and relatives...I usually in my half sleep, would give my mobile to him in the morning, and later completely forgetting that I had given the mobile to him, panicked if some one had stolen the mobile from room. :-) After the internship, he vacated the room.

The fifth guy, Mr. Stinker...Oh my God!!! The Killer stinker...After coming from office, when he puts down his socks from his legs, the stink made me feel sick...2 days, I controlled my self. The third day, when he returned to the room, I told him to go out of the room and put down his socks and shoes out of the room...From that day, that guy always comes inside the room without his socks and shoes... ;-) Otherwise, the guy was without any problems. A typical tamilian movie buff...A great Rajini fan...:-)

The sixth guy, a Project Manager from Wipro...A PM from Wipro and staying in a single room??? Yeah, he had just returned from Canada, and wanted to stay for only some 2/3 weeks...But you know, everything Indian runs on IST (Indian Standard Time!). The 2/3 weeks had been stretched to some 8/9 months... He was a nice guy. He was from Andhra; He gave me some good advises on People and Project Management which I can never forget. He also told how he had coped up with the 2000 Dotcom bust (Well, which is helping me now!). He was from a well-to-do family from Andhra, and he was the only person in his family who was working outside his native. Anyways, the stay with him was educational to me...During this time I went to US for the second time, and when I returned to the room, he had already vacated it...The latest update, he is in Canada now with his wife and two kids.

The seventh guy, the first mallu...The worst roomy I was with. He stayed in the room as if some one had put him deliberately to suffer in a jail...He had an attitude, a bad attitude; He never cooperated with me...I kept my calm all the time, and started avoiding him from all my business. If he don't care, why should I ? While vacating the room, this idiot didn't said a word to me, and I kept wondering where did he go for 2 days. At last I went and asked the land lord,and then came to know that the stupid guy had already vacated the room 2 days before. Some 3 days back, I had seen him going somewhere with a girl, I think his elder sister. I didn't mind him at all...Go to Hell...

The eighth and the current one...Again a guy from Vizag, Andhra...A typical Andhra Hero; but a nice guy. This guy is also in love with a girl; the girl's name coincidentally same as the name of Ms. Karishma Kapoor (if you remember who is this from my earlier post!)...So while talking in phone, he stares at me when I say the name of Ms. Karishma. :-) He is helpful; he dropped me to the bus station on my bike, when I was about to leave for my Ammavan's (Uncle's) funeral. And he was very surprised when he had to give some amount as bribe to the RTO (Regional Transport Office) officials, to pay his Road taxes and others for his AP bike...He said he hadn't done such a thing in his whole life... he he he...It's India man, It's India...Nothing works without money here...He don't had a 2 wheeler license even...He made his learning license now, when he had to show it in the RTO Office... :-)

So that's a little story of all the roomies I had been with...Different people, different behaviors...all converged into the same room....

Comments

  1. Tat was one beautiful post ! Mixed with a spoonful of humor..couldn't control laughing on several occasions.

    For constipation, i think you get laxative fiber tablets rather than eating a dozen bananas.

    haha ..it's so true what u said...people generally make assumptions that they are smarter than you. But i guess @ work, sometimes it helps;-)...
    some people becomes all protective of you and at times it can be annoying also, though i know for a fact tat i can handle things myself very well. this reminds me of one
    incident Some time back i was talking to one of the senior managers and i was my real self, so he confessed tat he always thot that i was this sweet person and all of a sudden he felt i was kinda violent (not sure whether
    it's good or bad). the fact is i don't really care what he think of me.

    I don't have great opinion abt jaipurians - may be i shouldn't judge the whole clan by just knowning few bad ones.

    Don't you think it's big time u need to live separately. may be a smaller/cheaper apt?? it's better to live alone than to live with
    stinky one's..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Annayum Rasoolum...

Handling the Mundd (Dhoti)

The Haka...