Objects of Desire...

We all desire objects, which our mind see as a thing that we can't live without. I had several such desires...

While in Accenture, I was fed up of the Bangalore Metropolitan Transport Corporation (BMTC) buses. It was and still is notorious for pick-pocketing, and almost 90% of my friends who traveled in BMTC buses had suffered been pick-pocketed at least once; especially the Bangalore techies. (Techies come default with a poster on their face: "I am a Techie...", so they are the easier prey for the pickers.) I used to put all my belongings (purse, mobile etc.) on my front pocket with my hands tucked in always in the pocket. So I had never been done with an Empty pocket. There comes the first object of my desire. I have taken my "first" bike this way...

As you people might have guessed from my previous posts, I love Music. I had a mobile with FM Radio in it, but then again radios were full of Ads and unwanted songs. There comes the 2nd object of desire. I had my Apple iPod Shuffle through this. Now I can listen to my favorite songs, whenever and whatever times I wanted.

I went to US twice while I was in my present company. Even though I had my office laptop with me in US, I purchased another "personal" laptop, the stunning HP dv9700t CTO notebook. Although it made a 'big' hole in my pockets, yet I Love the laptop more than me... :-)

Oh yeah, people who might have gone outside India may know, that two personal laptops are not allowed by Customs when you come from any country outside India; otherwise you have to pay the Import fee. If you have an Office lappy and a Personal one, you need to have the Office lappy's undertaking letter from the Employer (that the laptop with Serial no xxxxx is an official one and is used by the employee of XYZ company etc.) When I came from US with the two laptops, I had the letter from my company; but yet the Customs people told me to pay the import fee for that. I told I have the letter from my company and the rule says that you can have one personal and one office lappy with you. They started telling me some bogus rules and all. Finally, irritated I told them to keep the Office lappy with them and started to walk away. They came back to me and handed over the lappy to me, saying you have to declare that you will have 2 laptops before leaving India at the Customs checkpoint (What the heck? I don't know boss, that I am going to purchase a laptop there...What if a person has not anticipated that he is gonna purchase something beforehand?). Well anyways, I got through the Customs clearance with both my laptops... ;-)

The HP Pavilion dv9700t Laptop



Comments

  1. they do that, don't they? Kerala-thilanel valiya kuzhappamillatto...especially if u land early morning - 4.30 am okke aanel...avarkkum urakkam thonngi ttu valiya enthu undavilla...last time ennodu chodichu petti niraya gold aanonnu...same time kwt lulla alkkarum pokunnundayirunnu...njan onnu pedichu..pinne, dosham parayaruthallo...nammal ottakkanennu kandal avide kure chettan marundu vannu balalkkaramayi nammude petti okke aduthu trolley-il vakkum....enittu athinu paisa venom ...dollar mathi yenna parayunne...i feel bad when some one comes and takes control of our belongings like that...my dad comes and rescues from them once i reach outside ....i think i need to start a blog.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Annayum Rasoolum...

Handling the Mundd (Dhoti)

The Haka...